Cook a five-star full meal yourself with this advice
As the weekend rolls around and we’re all dolled-up with nowhere to go, perhaps we can bring a special night out to us? Who says you need to head out to a five-star restaurant when the chefs are willing to hand over the recipes to you on the house? We have put together a three-course haute meal from three hot cooks for you to make at home and feel as if you’re in the lap of luxury.
Crab cake with spicy mayonnaise from Vakkaru Hotel’s chef Bruno Cerban (makes 4)
Crab meat 100gs Shimeji mushroom 10gs
Carrot diced 10gs Spring onion diced 10gs
Onion diced 10gs Mayonnaise 5gs
Breadcrumbs 5 grams Egg 1 piece
All-purpose flour Chili paste
1. Wash the carrots, onion, shimeji mushroom, spring onion and cut into small dices, combine all together and keep in a medium bowl.
2. Stir together the crab meat and mayonnaise seasoned with salt and pepper.
3. Split the mix into four parts and roll each ball first in all purpose flour, shaking off excess, beat the egg and beat it up then dip in the beaten egg, and in breadcrumbs and place back on the sheet tray, flattening slightly.
4. Pour enough oil to cover the bottom of a large nonstick pan and heat over med/high.
5. Cook the crab cakes in two batches adding more oil if needed, about 3-4 mins on each side, turning once gently until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel. Serve with dipping sauce.
For spicy mayonnaise: Combine mayonnaise, chili paste and salt in a small bowl and stir to blend. cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Hawaiian Burger from Le Burger, MOE (ingredients per person)
Beef Patty 120gs
Cream cheese 30gs
Sweet chilli sauce 20ml
Iceberg lettuce 30gs
Brioche bun 1 Piece
1. Weigh the desired amount of 120gs of beef meat and shape it into a patty.Season the beef while cooking on the grill for two minutes each side.
2. Grill the pineapple.
3. Assemble the burger.
Pierre Marcolini’s Flourless Chocolate Cake (serves 4)
Egg yolks 4 egg yolks
Powdered sugar 40gs
Egg whites 6
70% coco dark chocolate 50gs
1. Mix ingredients together to a batter.
2. Put in cake tin and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 20-25 minutes.