- There has been a case of children being held hostage at a self-proclaimed internet addiction treatment facility operated in southeastern China.
- Operators have been sentenced to jail for holding Chinese children hostage for more than 10 days.
- The Web has access to more than 850 million people in China. There are about 200 million online users between the ages of 15 and 35
- Beijing Today’s time is Internet-based, that is, in this era, every work is being done by the Internet. In such a situation, the use of Internet is being seen quite a lot in youth and children. However, given the negative effects of internet, children are advised to stay away from it. A big news has emerged from China among all this.In fact, there has been a case of children being held hostage in a self-proclaimed internet addiction treatment facility operated in southeastern China. Convenors of the facility center have been sentenced to jail after the case of holding Chinese children hostage for more than 10 days.
- It is being told that this facility is one of several hundred boot camp-style detox centers. Such centers have been opened all over China in the last ten years to address the growing concerns between youth staying online and spending time on the Internet.
- Explain that despite widespread censorship and tight government control over social media and other media in China, China is one of the world’s largest internet users. The web has access to over 850 million people. Of these, there are about 200 million online users between the ages of 15 and 35.
- Internet addiction a mental disorder
- Also Read: There will be a change in the rules from Mutual Fund to Provident Fund, know how it will affect your budgetIn 2008, internet addiction treatment facility officially recognized that internet addiction is a mental disorder. Despite this decision by China, the number of internet users has seen a huge jump. But in recent years some negative news and allegations of serious physical abuse have raised concerns.
According to reports from Chinese state media, in 2014 a 19-year-old girl died after being beaten up by instructors at an Internet detox center in Zhengzhou in Henan Province (Zhengzhou in Henan Province). Several other reports have thus alleged that the camps use electroconvulsive therapies, ECT.
- When a case reached the court on Tuesday, documents showed that 12 youths were held in solitary confinement at Yuzhang Academy in Jiangxi Province in Jiangxi Province for more than 10 days. Four operators were found guilty on this charge. Among them, Wu, Ren, Zhang and Qu (Wu, Ren, Zhang and Qu) were convicted of illegal detention. Eleven of all victims were under 18 years of age.
The court sentenced Wu to nearly three years in prison, while Ren was sentenced to two years and seven months and Zhang a year to ten months. Qu is sentenced to 11 months.